Thursday, February 15, 2018

#STEPS



STEPS..what are they?  The word steps means so many different things.  According to the Webster,  the Definition of step is: 1 : a rest for the foot in ascending or descending: such as. a : one of a series of structures consisting of a riser and a tread. b : a ladder rung. 2 a (1) : an advance or movement made by raising the foot and bringing it down elsewhere.  

My wisdom word meaning of steps starts with their capacity to ascend or descend.  We take a step forward, towards progress, and sometimes we take a step back, either to evaluate which step to take next, or to regress some of the progress we are making.

I know for me steps are so very important because I can self sabotage myself.  Steps for me S_T_A_N_D for S-tairs T-hat. A-scend  N-ever. D-escend.  What do I mean with this acronym?

We either "step forward towards a new pattern, making changes in our lives that are positive, or taking a step back when we fear failure.  When we fear failure, our natural pattern is to revert back to what is comfortable and familiar to us.

I know when I feel like taking a step back, it is either to evaluate a situation further, or feeling like a failure so I punish myself by regressing back to familiar patterns is we choose to go up or down them, as in life with our goals and affirmations.

Think of going down steps as descending or regressing.  Think of going up steps as ascending and growing.  Which way do you want to go?  up those steps or down them.
Do you want to stand up, or do you wish to fall down them?

Steps can be transition periods in one's life and we may have to take a few steps back to move forward  through the whole set.  In other words we go backwards two steps but forward eight, eventually.  after all we are human beings.  This means we are "perfectly imperfect."  SL

No comments: